You do not have permission to read the Object table - NAS

ajaybabuChajaybabuCh Member Posts: 208
Hello All,

Customer is using Navision 2.6 Native database with Navision 2009 classic Client.
Navision 2009 Native database server is installed at the customer place.
There is a need of NAS for their new POS reuirement.

We are first trying the following thing at our end.
1) We have installed Navision 2009 database server with customer database. (license is developer license)
2) Installed NAS. (developer license pasted in the Application Server folder).
3) As Customer database is Navision 2.6 database, "ApplicationManagement" codeunit does not have NASHandler function.
4) We have added NASHandler function to the "ApplicationManagement" codeunit.
5) Started NAS , by providing all the info like database server name, startup parameter etc.,
6) NAS started successfully. But nothing is executed.
7) When I look into event viewer, it gives the following message

You do not have permission to read the Object table.
Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed.

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards
Ajay
Ajay

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Is the NAS service running with a Windows user account? Does that Windows user account has the necessary rights in NAV (Windows Logins)?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • sergisoftsergisoft Member Posts: 37
    You mentioned something like "developer license pasted in the Application Server folder". It is important to know that this license will not be used. Application Server will use Navision Server published license, not the one you put on the program folder. Does you license contains an Application Server user connection?

You can check also the Windows Login User and their Roles. I use to give SUPER role to prevent errors.

Last (and most important) NASHandler function on codeunit 1 must have the internal number "99". You could test it by export the codeunit as TXT and test the number before the name of function. NAS doesn't look for "NASHandler", it looks for function "99".

Sergi Navarro

MCTS: Microsoft Dynamics™ NAV 2009 C/SIDE Solution Development

Visit my Navision Spanish Blog here: http://www.sergisoft.com
  • ajaybabuChajaybabuCh Member Posts: 208
    We are using database logins.

Nas Log on as "Network Service".

Event with standard cronus database also I am having the same issue.

any idea?
    Ajay
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    ajaybabuCh wrote:
    We are using database logins.

Nas Log on as "Network Service".
    NAS doesn't work with database logins. The service needs to run with a Windows user, which is defined as a Windows login in NAV.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)