NAVISION 5 Certification

RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
I have developer 1 and 2 for version 5. I'm keen to acquire core finance + setup and install, which I'll take for the 2009 version.

How long will my V5 exams last now. If they are to be withdrawn soon I'll reset these for 2009 shortly rather than doing the other two.

Thanks

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    They are good until the version is no long supported by Microsoft. Technically they are always good, they just won't apply to the certification level you're going for (used to be MCBSP, I think it's MCITP or something now).

There's another post here that goes into way more details.
  • RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
    Thanks for the reply.

Is your book aimed at novice NAV developers (I've done nothing but develop NAV for 10 years) or more generally?

I purchased Mark Brummel's book (2009 Application Design - PACKT) and really like it so far. I'll probably finish it in a couple of weeks.

Regards
    Roddy
    The first half is. The second half is designed to get you thinking outside of the traditional NAV box. A good amount of .NET development and how you can use it to your advantage. Some tutorials on how to work with SQL Server, work with Microsoft Office and Windows from within NAV, etc. If you're a really senior developer, then there won't be as much for you to learn, but you would probably still pick some things up.
  • RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
    That's what I liked about Mark Brummel's book. It wasn't a revelation but quite a few gaps were filled in. Think I'll purchase it then. I've been working on integrating NAV via SQL stored procs lately. Looking at webservices with a C#.NET app next!

Also been playing with SSIS,SSAS,SSRS. All nice stuff and then there's CRM.

After all that I'm pretty sure I can leave the other technologies for someone else. \:D/
    Yeah, check out the table of contents if it is listed on the packt web site. It will show everything that you will learn how to do.