Change Fixed Asset Acquisition Cost

muziclovermuziclover Member Posts: 65
I know nothing about fixed assets, so I need some information.

We have a client who would like to know the proper procedure for changing a F/A acquisition cost. The asset changed value due to an exchange rate difference between when it was entered (11/10) and when it was actually paid (12/10).

Can someone share with me the proper steps for this process? I would presume this is a reclassification, but I would prefer to gather some expert input.

Thanks!

Comments

• FelixAntonyFelixAntony Member Posts: 6
    Post a fixed asset journal to add the additional acquisition cost. In the journal select the FA posting type as "Acquisition Cost". This journal does not post any entries to G/L, only post depreciation entries. If you want to post to G/L also, please use the Fixed Asset G/L journal. Hope this information is helpful for you.
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    This journal does not post any entries to G/L, only post depreciation entries.

Just a little correction: "This journal does not post any entries to G/L, only post Fixed Asset entries."

It can be solved posting a new FA entry, but you're talking abount currencies here... I'm not sure if the standard currency functionality also updates FA entries. You should try it first.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • FelixAntonyFelixAntony Member Posts: 6
    Yes, I mean entries to Depreciation Books.