Options

Send To - Build XML-Data manually

mkbmkb Member Posts: 7
edited 2011-02-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hello!
I'm trying to call Codeunit 403, Function "LaunchApp" manually to send the data of several Forms/Pages to Excel-/Word for further processing.
What I (think I) understood so far, is that I need to create the XML-data myself (somehow) and pass it to the function.
Is that correct? And if yes, could someone be so nice to point me into the right direction? :)
(The posts I found on this topic so far have been rather .... short)

Cheers,
mkb

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, you are not building the xml data yourself. You are using the stylesheets to transform XML data which are automatically generated from the form. In the codeunits you can only add some new elements which were not on the form (like companyname etc.). Rest is done through the stylesheets.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    mkbmkb Member Posts: 7
    Hello and thanks for the answer. :)

Rereading my post I see that it is a bit ambiguous. What I tried to achive was to create a Word/Excel on the push of a button, save it to a file and add it to an E-Mail (which means I can't use the default Send-To - functionality offered by the client). I thought I had to recreate the Source-XML-File all by myself, but lucky for me most of the work is done by the Stylesheet-Tool.
    Took me a few tries, but everything works fine so far. Now I'm struggling with some details of the stylesheet-tool, but thats a different topic.

Cheers,
    mkb