Undo Shipment when pick is posted

cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
I Know this isn't possible to do but if you don't use bins shouldn't it be ok to modify the code to allow undo of shipment?

If you just use Inventory Pick without bins no warehouse entries is created and to me it looks safe to modify the code to allow this or is it something I'm missing here?

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    I think It's not because you would (or not) use bins but more because the posting/registering of the pick causes consumption therefore ledger entries are being writen which can't be undone with the cancelling of the shipment.
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    There are no ledger entries written if you don't use bins, only "Posted Invt. Pick Header" and "Posted Invt. Pick Lines" are created. If warehouse ledgers would have been created then I wouldn't think about doing any modification but the way it works now with no warehouse entries created I think it would be ok to modify.
    I Know this isn't possible to do but if you don't use bins shouldn't it be ok to modify the code to allow undo of shipment?

If you just use Inventory Pick without bins no warehouse entries is created and to me it looks safe to modify the code to allow this or is it something I'm missing here?

I have done this once, and it worked well. So, I think you are safe.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    cernst wrote:
    There are no ledger entries written if you don't use bins, only "Posted Invt. Pick Header" and "Posted Invt. Pick Lines" are created. If warehouse ledgers would have been created then I wouldn't think about doing any modification but the way it works now with no warehouse entries created I think it would be ok to modify.

Not even item ledger entries?
    Thx navian then I know this has been done before.

rhpnt yes item ledgers is created the normal way and using the undo function they are reversed the normal way also. The problem is that I get an error when I try to use this function because I've posted a pick.

If you use bins, you will also need a modification to 0 out warehouse entry quantities for the shipment that's undone.
    I need to modify to allow delete of posted pick, but thats no problem.