Is Validation must during master data import using dataport?

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

I am creating a dataport to import Item,Customer and Vendor master.While creating the dataport, Is it necessary to validate all the fields or it is not necessary?

Kindly if anyone knows the correct way to do master data import using dataport, please let me know the correct step to design a dataport to import master datas.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    do you know what does means of Validate function? search in C/SIDE Reference Guide for validate fuction.while uploading master data i recommended you to use.
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi Vijay_g,

Validate calls the validate trigger of that respective field. Is it mandatory to use this one ?

Kindly share your gmail/skype id.

Thanks & Regards,
    chandru.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you don't know, use it.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    kine wrote:
    If you don't know, use it.
    i'd say so, too...but be aware that sometimes the validate trigger of some field, empties the value some other fields: be careful about the order of the validation of the fields.
    i usually validate everything on the first shot, and then i remove some validates if they're problematic
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Best for this is to ask consultant to show you how he will enter the data manually into the journal line and simulate the same behavior in code (same order of validations etc.)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    If I had to ask someone to migrate my data to NAV and this someone asks these questions on a public forum I would search for someone else.

Don't get me wrong, everyone deserves a chance to learn.
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    chandrurec wrote:
    Hi all,

I am creating a dataport to import Item,Customer and Vendor master.While creating the dataport, Is it necessary to validate all the fields or it is not necessary?

Kindly if anyone knows the correct way to do master data import using dataport, please let me know the correct step to design a dataport to import master datas.

Thanks in advance.

You can use the Data Migration tool that you'll find in Administration - Application Setup - Company Setup - Data Migration. System will automatically validate the Data.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    If I had to ask someone to migrate my data to NAV and this someone asks these questions on a public forum I would search for someone else.

Don't get me wrong, everyone deserves a chance to learn.

Well the customer probably doesn't know so ... [-o<
    David Singleton