exporting more than 5000 lines in XL

finafina Member Posts: 4
How do i export more than 5000 lines from NAV to XL. I need to export 65000 lines. I am in NAV Classic, and I select Tools > Options > Max No. of XML records to send ( this entry shows <5000 > value )

I cannot change the 5000 to 65000. Is the value set elsewhere ?

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Why can't you change it?

What message appears to stop you doing this ?

I have never had an issue with changing this value, though be ware if you allow users to start export large records it will hit your system performance :)
  • mark_aumark_au Member Posts: 40
    Make sure to delete the '<' and '>' characters, and then restart the client. The '<' and '>' are only used when a field value is a default value.

Alternatively, if you happen to be talking about the limitation in the Role Tailored Client, this isn't the way you change the limitation. I believe there is a platform update which gives a new property in the NAV Server Configuration file which will allow you to configure this value for RTC users.
  • finafina Member Posts: 4
    Actually, this is for our End users who work only on RTC . They dont have access to Classic. We, at IT, work on Classic, but the end users need to see the effect of our changes on RTC. I think you are correct . It may be something to do with the config setup. ?
  • mark_aumark_au Member Posts: 40
    Okay, in the RTC it is a documented limitation, the limit of 5000 is hard coded. I thought I saw recently a platform update which allowed a key to be specified in the Config file where you could change this, but I can't for the life of me find it. Maybe I'm just imagining things :?
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    you need to update to R2 and look up these KB numbers

2481169, 2481212, 2489666, 2490096, 2492233, 2493357.

They all will point to the same hotfix/update.

if you don't want to update to R2, then you need the kb 2496107 update first.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • finafina Member Posts: 4
    Thanks to all for your replies. Much appreciate !
    So i finally logged a ticket with Microsoft and this is what they replied..

"Currently the 5.000 data sets is hard coded in the RTC. That means at the moment we cannot influence this value. We already reported this to the development with the wish to have this more flexible. Due to the complexity of the change this feature is tentatively scheduled to be included in Dynamics NAV 7 "

:)

Thanks again.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Also, i can assure that the last build of nav 2009 R2 (32228) does not solve the problem, althought (from what i've understood) MS said that it was solved in the
    KB: 2492490
    Build: 6.0.32146
    Description: The number of XML records cannot be larger than 5,000 when you run the "Send to" function to export XML records in the RoleTailored client in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
    :-k ](*,)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog