Character map on XML import

MSBPMSBP Member Posts: 17
Hey.
I have a XML import that imports XML documents via. COM object.

The XMLPort is set to handle UTF-8 format, yet Navision reads this as ANSI which gives me æøåÆØÅ as #|$[]\ and I then need to reconvert it back to æøåÆØÅ.

XMLfile has letters in it as éüä ect. which in turn is read as ?

How do I handle the XML Doc or reconvert my characters whitout using CONVERTSTR :?

It is a NAS that handles the COM objects, can i eventually set this up somewhere ?
Dynamics NAV L337

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you use XMLPort, XMLPort will automatically format the characters from NAV into UTF and backup during export/import. Can you be more specific, how you are using the COM in connection with the XMLPort? I think that the problem will be in the COM...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • MSBPMSBP Member Posts: 17
    The COM is a dll designed inhouse which is using messageque MSMQ to deliver the XML file into the XMLPort that imports it into Navision.

The XML Document holds é æ ø Å etc. but as soon at the XMLPort grabs the information it is translated into ANSI which then is ? in many cases, ]/ etc.
    Dynamics NAV L337
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    All depends on under which codepage you are running the NAV client. If it is some codepage which do not understand these characters, they will be miss-converted. The XMLDom is UTF-enabled, NAV is not. The translation is done based on the codepage for non-unicode applications of the Windows system.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I suspected that the Codepage was the main issue here ...

I Use XMLDom before sending the XML into the XMLPort ... is it possible to use some commandset in the XMLDom to "transform" my XML document befor importing it in order to avoid the Codepage problem ?
    Dynamics NAV L337
    kine wrote:
    All depends on under which codepage you are running the NAV client. If it is some codepage which do not understand these characters, they will be miss-converted. The XMLDom is UTF-enabled, NAV is not. The translation is done based on the codepage for non-unicode applications of the Windows system.

Would it help to convert the XML into the Codepage used by Navision before sending it into Navision using the MSMQ ?
    Dynamics NAV L337