Options

Slow Reports in RTC

dave_cdave_c Member Posts: 46
edited 2011-02-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I've been having problems running large reports in the RTC. The specific report our customer is struggling with is the inventory valuation. I've tested it on our local system and with their database that we have just upgraded from V4 it's taking about 30 minutes for their whole inventory including expected costs. That's slow but bearable. When I run the same report from the RTC I eventually gave up waiting after 4 hours.

Having tried again after around 2 minutes activity on the middle tier server drops from about 70% CPU usage and about 1MB/Sec network thoughput down to zero.

If I then try and run another inventory valuation from my machine or any other client connected to that middle tier the CPU/network usage on the MT only stays up for a couple of seconds before dropping back off and the client becoming unresponsive, even after restarting the middle tier service.

Has anyone else ever had any problems like this? For the moment we have suggested the customer use the classic client but this is not really a solution...

Comments

• Options
    ryancairnsryancairns Member Posts: 40
    Hi - not sure if it's much use to you but have you seen this blog post:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... n-rtc.aspx
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Which version of NAV 2009? No SP1? With SP1? R2?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    dave_cdave_c Member Posts: 46
    kine wrote:
    Which version of NAV 2009? No SP1? With SP1? R2?
    I'm getting this under both R2 and SP1. Our test system that I replicated in on is SP1, the customer was actually experiencing it under R2. I just got an OutOfMemoryException whilst testing it again, this is the first time I have seen that error.

I will have a read of that blog post ryan and see if I can find a way around this problem. It's kind of annoying that this is a standard report and it's giving this error, even if it is processing a large amount of data.