How to refresh a Flow field in a form?

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

I have created a new flow field named Indent Quantity in sales header and Placed it in Sales order header form . I am trying to sum the quantity to ship field in this decimal field. So whenever the user enters the quantity to ship field in sales line form it has to be displayed in the Indent Quantity flow field.

My scenario is this flow field is getting updated only when I click the flow field in sales header form otherwise it is not getting updated automatically.I want this field to get updated autpmatically as soon as I enter the quantity to ship field in sales line and it should be updated in Indent Quantity field in sales header form.

Is there any way by which we can make this flow field updated automatically without making a click on this field in sales header form.

If anyone knows how to achieve this, Kindly let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just search the forum (something like "update flowfield in header"), you will find out that it was discussed many times.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Or you can do something like this:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25056
    Kriki Rulez :thumbsup:

where you add a field to the top or bottom of the "Sales Order Subform"
    and total up a field. I use it for "Line amount" to keep a running total or the order
    but you could change you calcsum field to some other field.

We use a custom "Qty Ordered" field as well as "Quantity" field so we can calc what the running total is and what the running total of a complete order would have been.

See the running total above the sales lines & below the sales header:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExMEROYgYyc
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi Savatage,

I could understand from your previous posts that we need to add a global variable and sum up the flow field by using Calcsums.But instead of creating a new global variable , is it not possible to refresh/show the running sum in the flow field itself which I have placed in sales Order header form?

Thanks & Regards,
    chandru.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    You can try garaks method descibed here
    viewtopic.php?t=22564