Relationship between job ledger entry and warehouse entry

RodericksRodericks Member Posts: 6
Hi all!!

Does anyone know why if I post a Item journal it makes a warehouse entry, but whe I'm doing a job journal, which makes am item ledger entry, doesn't do a warehouse entry?

I have a big problem because when I do a item journal, I can reduce the bin content, but when I do the job journal, it doesn't reduce the bin content, so the information of the bin content gets inconsistent.

Can anybody give me a hand?
Thanks
Rod.

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    I think it is a :bug:

I can suggest you go throgh the Knowlegebase , you may get some patch or You can complaint to Microsoft regarding this problem
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    the warehouse entry is created from CU 23, which is what is called when you post an Item journal. CU 23 then calls CU 22.

All other CU in NAV 80, 90, and Job CU called CU 22 directly.
    It's not a bug it's how it is designed, or lets called it a missing feature.

I think MS is working on getting warehouse tied to all other areas of NAV more closely. Such as Service Mgt and Jobs and Manufacturing (sub contracting).
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • RodericksRodericks Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the answers. I thought I was missing some set up. Now I know I wasn´t. I will have to make something to make the job journal make the warehouse entry.

Thanks again.

Rod