Options

New Column not showing in navision

palanpalan Member Posts: 26
edited 2011-02-17 in Navision Attain
HI,

I am using Navision 3.6 version with SQL 2008 db, i have added few columns to an existing table using SQL.

SQL DBA has run the alter table command and added the columns and when i try to view the table I am not able to view it & when i try to insert the same column name in navision getting the below error. Can someone help on this error. Thanks.

Microsoft Navision Attain
The following SQL Server error(s) occurred while accessing the Sales Header table:

2705,"42S21",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'Consumer' in table 'consumer.dbo.customer$master Header' is specified more than once.
OK

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You should add the columns through the NAV Object Designer, not through SQL.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    palanpalan Member Posts: 26
    I am not having administrator rights to add the column in the staging database hence need to request the DBA to add the columns using SQL commands.

In Development database i have added using Navision object designer and it is working fine.

Any suggestion to solve?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    palan wrote:
    I am not having administrator rights to add the column in the staging database hence need to request the DBA to add the columns using SQL commands.

In Development database i have added using Navision object designer and it is working fine.

Any suggestion to solve?

You cannot "solve" the permission problem by creating the columns on SQL and than trying to solve "I cannot see them in NAV". The primary problem is the permissions. Solve this, add the columns in standard way. There is no "way around".
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    NAV 3.6 on SQL 2008????? :shock: :? #-o

I suppose it has been technically upgraded.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!