Modify records in Customer table

bekiobekio Member Posts: 204
Hello everyone,

I have a user that does not have permission to modify records on customer table, and i want to place a Mark on customer table in one field that i have added. And it gets the message "You don't have permission to modify records on Customer Table". Can i modify customer table in some indirect way, from some codeunits that has rights to modify customer table. I what that Modify permission to be No or Indirect, not direct.

Need help solving this situation.

Answers

• Kc_NirvanaKc_Nirvana Member Posts: 146
    Hello....
    If you go to the properties of a form or codeunit you will see a property called Permissions.
    In here you can add permissions to modify record in customer table by code.
    Junior Consultant & Developer in Dynamics NAV

"I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed
    Our little group has always been
    And always will until the end"

Nirvana - Nevermind - Smells Like Teen Spirit
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Write your MODIFY-statement in a separate codeunit, give permissions on that codeunit to be able to modify the Customer table, and call your codeunit from your customer card.

The same principle is used standard NAV. For example in codeunit 101 "Cust. Entry-SetAppl.ID", where some fields in the Cust. Ledger Entry are modified this way.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • bekiobekio Member Posts: 204
    Thanks Kc_Nirvana & Luc.

Both where a good solutions.

Have a nice Day!
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I would use Luc's suggestion, but combine it with the Indirect permission option.
    David Singleton