FIFO when we use LS POS sales

subzsubz Member Posts: 13
Dear Support,

We have verified this issue, it seems that the system works perfectly as per FIFO when the sales is done from standard navision module but when the sale is from LS POS, it does not consider the costing as per FIFO

My setups are .

Ne w item = Cost FIFO , costing method = FIFO

Inventory setup :

Automatic cost adjustmnet = Always

Automatic cost posting = Yes

Expected cost posting = No

Purchase concept :

i purchased the item Cost FIFO

Receipt & Invoice concept

Item ledger entry : -
Posting date Item Name qty Cost amount

01/01/010 Test FIFO 1000 1

Posting date Item Name qty Cost amount
02/01/010 Test FIFO 1000 2

so In item card Unit cost field has the value = 1.5

Now it comes to sale :
From POS

Item ledger entry Transactions :

Posting date Item Name qty Sales Amout

.01/02/2011 Test FIFO 10 20

So system has taken the Unit cost vallue when i sell the item .

After running the Adjust Item Ledger Entries Batch job the system should create new entry according to FIFO costing method but the system not creating.

The below entry is missing .

Material account – Retail 5 DR

INV : COGS Account -5 CR

BUT The system behaves correctly when we use the standard navision sales, but it does not generate the needed entries as per FIFO when we use LS POS sales
Appreciate your support on this ASAP, as its quite urgent issue and we are unable to understand the system behaviour.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Is the sales entry open or closed from LS Retail entry?

There is no difference between LS sales journal created and std. They both creates journal lines and post it.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • subzsubz Member Posts: 13
    the sales entry closed from LS Retail and i have again verified the FIFO issue on standard Cronus on the same application , and it working fine with LS POS. But i unable to identify the setup which is missing on our environment . if any one Can please guide me which setup is missing .

Your early action is highly appreciated.
    After analysing the database I found that the Purchase for Item was done at Location Code 1001 and the sale at Location Code 1100.

The Item Application Entry is not getting created and the cost is not getting calculated.

( but what if the store make sales for item not in the system but physically in the store , and the is accepting negative inventory posting )

in this case system will not calculate the cost according to FIFO ( what to do )
    You will need to transfer inventory from one location to the other.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

Yes, the system does pass the entry correctly, when there is stock on the stores.

But this has given rise to 2 crucial issues mentioned below,
    1. On statement posting, the system doesn't validate if there stock in the store. So the system allows negative stock posting.
    Is there any way can stop statement posting if there is no stock in the store?
    2. If the statement is posted with negative stock and latter if stock is transferred from warehouse to store. The system doesn't pass the adjust cost entry as per FIFO.
    Is there any way can generate the cost correctly, after stock transfer from Warehouse to store?
    Sorry for the persistence...
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks once again.
    1. You'll need to modify CU 22. Search for Text005. You can also search for mibuso on how to prevent negative inventory.

2. Run adjust cost after you transfer the goods from warehouse.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini