Remote Imports

steve.hendersonsteve.henderson Member Posts: 2
edited 2004-12-24 in Navision Financials
Hi there.
I am a developer for a company whose client uses Navision 2.6
We will be taking orders/sales for our client and need to integrate our sales information into their Navision system.

I do not have Navision, and will not be getting it.
My client does not have an IT team, and their system was set up by anothr third party company.

I know that this is a vague request, but can anyone offer any suggestions or advice as to the best way I would go about this.

From what I have read so far, the simplest way would be for me to create a web service, then have a custom application reading from my web service and writing to the Navision tables.

Is this a realistic solution?
Any comments would obviously be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Steve Henderson

Comments

• eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    We will be taking orders/sales for our client and need to integrate our sales information into their Navision system.

Could you explain me a bit maore detail what you mean by this?
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    Hi Steve,

Writing directley to the Navision tables is possible, but being one of those "3rd Party" suppliers of Navision it is something that we do not recommend.

In Financials 2.60 there is an option called dataports that enables imports of flat file structures. Basically anything delimited can be read in and dealt with using the standard Navision Logic.

You can quite easily do this with a bit of know-how or assistance from their Navision reseller (their support dealer).

Regards,

Dean
    Remember: Keep it simple