Item entry relation item entry no. '0' does not exist

sad00007sad00007 Member Posts: 8
System is on NAV 2009 SP1 with SQL Server 2008

All the items in question were uploaded in NAV with a Lot No. but only positive and negative adjustments were made Lot No. mandatory.

Following this, a Purchase Order of two lines was created and a partial receipt of goods was done for one line item. Therefore it posted without a Lot No. This partial receipt was also invoiced. Landed Cost invoices have also been posted and assigned to this goods receipt.

Then this Lot No. issue was discovered and subsequently the Lot No. tracking was initiated for purchases and sales as well.

Then a further partial receipt was done for this same PO with Lot Nos. Now when I am trying to post the invoice relevant to this receipt, i get the above mentioned error;

Item entry relation item entry no. '0' does not exist

I tried reversing all related documents on a test environment, but the system didn't allow it since it's partially invoiced as well. I know that the issue is because of Lot tracking and maybe in Table no. 6507 - "Item Entry Relation" but alas do not know how to resolve it.

Please advise me experts

Cheers
Saajidh

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Looks like someone messed with the costing method and/or ledger entries.
  • sad00007sad00007 Member Posts: 8
    Neither of the above two has happened.... I can say that for certain!

Cos i can check the costing method, it hasn't been changed, it always was average.

And the ledger entries haven't been changed, but I can see that the entry with the lot no assigned has been invoiced first though that's the second ILE for the same item.

I hope someone has gone through a similar scenario and can help me...

Cheers
    Saajidh
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    This could be caused by incorrectly defined Item Tracking Lines (if that is correct, then you would need to analyze how these entries got to such state).

However, to resolve the immediate issue, try:
      1. Pull down the error message, in order to see on which line error message originates. 2. Go to that purchase line and click Line > Item Tracking Lines. Check if there are any values in “Undefined” column on the header (these would be caused by undefined “Qty. to Invoice (Base)” field values). 3. Define “Qty. to Invoice (Base)” fields (this will transfer values from “Undefined” column to “Item Tracking” column on the header). 4. Click ESC to go back to purchase order and try posting purchase invoice
  • sad00007sad00007 Member Posts: 8
    I thank u for the reply, but this issue is long gone in Feb 2011!

FYI: I did negative adjustments and Journal corrections to go back to situation as before the Purchase order and Receipt!