Quantity in stores

fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
Dear Experts,
I just wanted to know, is it possible for my store people to see the item's quantity in other stores like for example how much quantity is present in WH for item no. 13000 ??

coz as i can see the quantities of all the items for all the stores in Server,

Unfortunately, Store people can't see the quantity of Warehouse & other stores in thier store database.

Is thery any way or something that store people could see the quantities of other stores??

It doesn't matter if it should be online. Even the information is till last replication that will work.

Kindly look into this matter and let me know if there is any possibility.

Thanks.

Regards,
Fahd Liaqat

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Item Card - Item by Location?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    If you are talking about LS Retail, you can check the "POS Inventory Lookup" feature.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
    Dear Mr. Brown,
    I have gone to Item card> Items by location. But there it is showing only the quantity for store iteself, not the other ones.

@Deep, i have tried going in POS INVENTORY LOOKUP, in Ls Retail But there it is showing 2 columns.

LOCATION ----INVENTORY

But both of them are like freezed and there is not data under these columns there.

the implementation team he told me to replicate INVENTORY LOOKUP TABLE from store in order to view the quantity in POS Iventory lookup table.

I did try to replicate this, it almost took 2 hours to replicate with amost 2 hundred thousand records.

But even after that i could not see the quantities there & i am asking him to solve this problem but he is not replying. :shock:

now what should i do?? :roll:

Kindly advice on this ASAP

Thanks 2 u both.! :)

Regards,
    Fahd Liaqat
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    You need to update the inventory lookup table of the HO database, and then enable the feature at each store and POS from where the invetory needs to be looked up.
    You must use the Transaction Server for using this feature in the POS functionality profile with the distribution location where the inventory lookup is updated.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    Thanks Deep,
    But i would really appreciate if you could tell me in lil detail like how to do it???

like i found in POS functionality profile there is trans.server. Do i have to configure it Store?? If yes then which location should i select HO or Store itself & how do i update inventroy lookup table in HO DB???

Need lil more explanation!!

coz i am not that much expert in Navision, Kindly tell me.

Thanks Alot!!!!!
  • sudhakarsvsudhakarsv Member Posts: 100
    Inorder to use the Inventory Lookup functionality at stores make sure that below steps are done.

1.Check the pos inventory lookup field on store card.
    2.Check the pos inventory lookup field on each Item category card.
    3.Check the inventory lookup field in the functionality profile card and select the HO distribution location.

once the above steps are done.run the CU 99008909 - POS Transaction Server Utility.
    it will update ILE pertained to an item in a T 99001608 - Invntory Lookup Table.
    Regards,
    S.V.Sudhakar
    Dear Sudhakar,
    Thanks alot for the reply. But may i know what do u mean by inventory lookup field in store card means.

Where i can find this.I would really appreciate if you could give me little more explanation.

Thanks again!!!
    Dear Mr. Sudhakar,

I have followed whatever steps you told me to do. Please check my steps and kindly tell me if i am wrong.
    Following are the steps

1.I went to LS RETAILPOS>SETUP>STORE CARD & i checked the POS INVENTORY LOOKUP FIELD.

2. I went to LS RETAIL BACKOFFICE> ITEMS>GROUPS>ITEM CATEGORIES then i marked all the mentioned Groups with POS INVENTORY LOOKUP FIELD.

3. I went LS RETAIL>PROFILE>FUNCTIONALITY then i went to Trans. Server Tab I checked IVENTORY LOOKUP field and i selected HO.

4. I ran CU 99008909 - POS Transaction Server Utility & Checked the Inventory Lookup field but still it is not showing the quantities of other stores. They are not shoen freezed now but still the qty is not updated.

Could you please explain what might be the problem ?? & try to let me know ASAP.
    Thankxxxxxx Alot.

TC.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Dear fahd,

why don't you simply ask those questions the company which implemented LS retail in your company or even better ask them to solve the problem?
    Dear Rhpnt,

I have asked them thousands of times. they told me to replicate the Inventory lookup table. with every store.
    I did replcate the table it took almost 4 hours.

now this guy is sitting in India, I have told him it is not showing even afer that.
    But there is no reply at all they want me to sign for Support.

But this was the issue of implementation and not the support & i don't want to sign support with them since they have already ruined so many things.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    fahd wrote:
    Dear Rhpnt,

I have asked them thousands of times. they told me to replicate the Inventory lookup table. with every store.
    I did replcate the table it took almost 4 hours.

now this guy is sitting in India, I have told him it is not showing even afer that.
    But there is no reply at all they want me to sign for Support.

But this was the issue of implementation and not the support & i don't want to sign support with them since they have already ruined so many things.

I'm sorry to hear that. Considering the situation you should ASAP change the NAV partner. You won't be able to administer the LS Retail part of NAV by yourself. There are several subsidiaries of European companies located in your region that support LS Retail.