Form.Runmodal in Transaction without COMMIT

deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
Is there a way to show a form in a transaction without using the commit statement? The need is to have a form with 3(!) Buttons : Yes, No, Cancel within a loop to accept a change of a record or not, or abbort the transaction. Since the confirm only allows a true or false statement, i need a form for this. Can i tell the system somehow that my form has nothing to do with the transaction? I tried setting editable to false, insert/modify/delete -allowed to false. nothing works...

Commit can't be used because on a "Cancel" i need a rollback.

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    In general no. What I would do would be either to use a general dialog at the end of the process or work on temporary tables and then transfer the results to the real tables after checking somehow that the original records haven't been modified by someone else.
  • deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    Ok, that was my next idea (Temporary Table). Just wanted to know if there is a better way to do that.
    Thanks
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No there is not better way. Each time, if you need some confirm from user, do it before you start the transaction, else you have performance problem (tables are locked for too long).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.