Batch Delete After Posting

DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
Hi,

When I am posting transaction thru bank receipt. The relevent batch gets deleted & system shows the message

"The Journal Lines were successfully posted. You are now in B05 Journal."

Can anyone help me to stop deleting the journal?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Because you are having number at the end of the batch name so system will increment by 1 and create/rename batch. This is default behaviour and if you want to avoid then replace the last character by a alphabet.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
    Thanks ssingla,

I just find this. By blocking the code we can rectify this also. Again thanks for helping.
    I am still wonder, what is the use of this functionality.
  • ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    ssingla wrote:
    Because you are having number at the end of the batch name so system will increment by 1 and create/rename batch. This is default behaviour and if you want to avoid then replace the last character by a alphabet.

In standard Nav if the number at the end of the batch then the following message will come .

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
    You cannot assign numbers greater than CC999999 from the number series CASHPYMT-R.
    OK
    Hi,

"The Journal Lines were successfully posted. You are now in B05 Journal."

I guess it is customization in your database , it is not default behaviour :-k
    ameen
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    i have post a entry without any error having numeric end of the batch name in standard nav. it has increment to batch name. there should not be any customization for this message it's a standard functionality.
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    ameen wrote:
    In standard Nav if the number at the end of the batch then the following message will come .

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
    You cannot assign numbers greater than CC999999 from the number series CASHPYMT-R.
    OK

your error message coming because of the "document no." exceed to "ending no." defined in no. series line table.
  • ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    vijay_g wrote:
    i have post a entry without any error having numeric end of the batch name in standard nav. it has increment to batch name. there should not be any customization for this message it's a standard functionality.

I am trying to give the answer to the author of the post Dynamics user . Please read the post again.
    ameen
    Ameen it is standard functionality. I have checked in Navision 3.7 also.

Even if system found numeric value anywhere in the batch name along with character. It automatically increment the batch & delete the existing batch.

What is the use of this functionality? Why microsoft has given this functionality.
    No one can tell me what is the use of this functionality?

And what is the scenario in implementaion where we can use this?