Options

Problem with SMTP (CU 400) and webservices/RTC

TomTaffinTomTaffin Member Posts: 2
edited 2011-09-21 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Guys,

We are currently experiencing a very weird problem and I wondered if one of you ever had this before.

For a customer we implemented an asp.net application that approves NAV-documents through webservices (with the existing NAV-logic -> approval management, smpt, ...).
Users can approve, delegate and reject documents from this application, so sometimes it is needed that an e-mail is sent to another user.

Everything is working fine most of the time, but for one reason or another the application starts blocking on the sending of the e-mail (e-mails were also sent with the application shortly before). The following message is returned from NAV:

The SMTP mail system returned the following error: (0x80040605): Unknown Error

If I open the RTC-client and want to perform a manual approval request (including sending of e-mail) I get the same message. In the classic client everything is working fine.

The error is solved from the moment I restart the service tier (Server + webservice).

Anybody any idea what is causing this or how this can be solved ?
I'm getting a bit desperate :)..

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Tom

Comments

• Options
    jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    I have found that SMTP issues can be difficult to lock down and track. So to help with debbuging some of the automated emails that I've sent via Codeunit 400 I built a log table and logged everything that was sent. This helped track down where issues might have occurred...as it appears that it's the SMTP COM control that is causing the problem.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • Options
    MaciMaci Member Posts: 65
    Hi all

We have same error. If I run the NAV RTC with an user who is Administrator in the server where ServiceTier is running, its works, with classic client and with RTC client.

But if is another user with enough permissions, in classic client works fine, but RTC returns the 0x80040605 SMTP error.

Any idea? Thanks all
  • Options
    MaciMaci Member Posts: 65
    Ufff... we have the ServiceTier in a different server from the SQL Server, so I need to change the parameter:
    "WebServicesUseNTLMAuthentication" value="true"

in the CustomSettings.config at the ServiceTier server

Kind regards,
  • Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Make Simple & Easy