Displaying Newly Added Field on Data Migration Fields

knmknm Member Posts: 170
I created a new field (let's say Name3) in the Customer Table, and now would like to find a way to "mass" import data using the Data Migration functionality.

From the Data Migration form, I tried to "include" the newly added field as one of the fields to migrate, but Name3 does not get listed in the Data Migration Fields form.

Is there specific setup that I need to do to the field, before it becomes available in the list?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Kenji

Answers

• aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    What version? I didn't have any issues. I added field 50000 - Name3 and it appears as a Migration Field when I select table 18.
  • knmknm Member Posts: 170
    Sorry for the lack of information.
    I'm using NAV 2009 R2.

And instead of using RTC, I'm using Classic Client to migrate the data.

Thank you.

Kenji
  • aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    I'm not sure what to tell you. I did it in the Classic Client as well. Was the field you added in the 50000 range? did you try re-compiling?

Then you went to Data migration > Migration Fields... and you couldn't see it there?

What type of field is it? Not that it should matter.
    Hmm,

The new field that I added is in the 50000 range (50010), and I've re-compiled the table.
    And it's still not showing up on the window that you mentioned.

The field that I added is Text field (50 Characters).

Maybe, are there any parameter setups that I need to do?
    OK, got this to work.

I just had to re-create the Data Migration preview line entry. (I had it already created before adding the new field in the table)

Thanks for your support!