QUANTITY IN NEGETIVE

fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
Dear Experts,
I don't understand one part, there is one item showing -6 as a stock for one shop.

When i looked into the lookup (item ledger entry) it is showing status as an OPEN with SIX!!! sale Documents.

I have attached the snap shot, Can any body plzzz let me know that why it is showing OPEN with six sales transaction???

how do i clear this OPEN STATUS why it is showing like this i want to fix the quntity & what is the reason behind it???? :?: :?:

We had recently updated it with PHYSICAL STOCK.

Thanks alot for your co-operation, Kindly check the snapshot and let me know.

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    You probably sold the items without having them on inventory. The Open field means that there wasn't any Open inbound entry to to apply to the negative one (sale). By default NAV allows you to post a sales document without having enough quantity on Inventory.
  • fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
    yes we do sell th items having 0 quantity. I understoodm, But what open in bound entry to be apply means???? :?:

Sorry i didn't get that clearly!!

and how can i solve that without making adjustment how can i clear this OPEN check mark transactions???

Thanks!!
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Open Inbound entry means any item ledger entry which is increasing the quantity at a location, and which is still having a remaining quantity to be applied.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    This would become more clear to you if you were using Item Tracking.

You increase the quantity of an item by some transaction (maybe purchase) and you decrease the quantity with other transactions (maybe sales). With each transaction the system holds the information of which inbound transaction provided the quantity for the outbound transaction. This is what the Open refers to, and it is updated automatically by the system. You shouldn't modify this field.
  • fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
    ooh ok orite got it.

thanxxxxx every one. :)

Really appreciate your support.