help with large text printing NAV2009/Classic - BLOB?

boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
I want to be able to attach several pages of text to output after each record on a report ie. terms & conditions printing after each sales invoice & store these pages in NAV if possible in BLOB fields?

So I added a BLOB field to a new table which has "Report ID,Line No." as its key (to allow more than one page (BLOB) to be stored against each report).

I set the BLOB SubType property to 'Memo' and copied the Import function from Form 1 (Company Info.) to import the text file.

Then I put a PictureBox onto the report and a CALCFIELDS command in there but all I see printed is '*'.

What did I do wrong... :?

Comments

• deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    If you use the import function, it probably imports the whole file incl. File Headers etc (just a guess). I would go for an import via File.open -> create stream, write stream into blob.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    You could use a pdf creator like bullzip that allows you to merge pdf documents when you are creating the pdf. Then you could write your invoice to a pdf and merge your terms and conditions pdf at the end of it.
    Following the example coding elsewhere in the forum, it is quite easy to use this method.