Options

The problem of Backup Navision 6.0

yuanhaowenyuanhaowen Member Posts: 3
edited 2011-01-26 in NAV Three Tier
The old version of Navision is 4.2. The company has been upgraded to Version 6.0 .The backup of the company was aways failed. Navsion gave me a message "check the database,On the file menu,click database,click test,and then click Maximum,if you get the same error,you should ..." something like that. I know to solve all errors when testing database found will solve the problem. But it is so complicated that I could not solve it at a short time .My question is :"Is there any other ways to solve the backup problem of uppgraded Navsion?"

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It looks like not problem of the upgrade, but problem of corrupted database! Do not wait for something, you can lost your data if you will not act now (but it could be late already....). You need to find out what is corrupted, if only indexes or data. I assume that there will be corrupted data. If yes, you will need to go back to last backup, which could be problematic for you. Another way is to contact Microsoft support, they could try their tools if it will help, but do not believe in it.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    yuanhaowenyuanhaowen Member Posts: 3
    kine wrote:
    It looks like not problem of the upgrade, but problem of corrupted database! Do not wait for something, you can lost your data if you will not act now (but it could be late already....). You need to find out what is corrupted, if only indexes or data. I assume that there will be corrupted data. If yes, you will need to go back to last backup, which could be problematic for you. Another way is to contact Microsoft support, they could try their tools if it will help, but do not believe in it.
    My Actions are:Tools --> Backup --> Entire Database
    then Error appears follow: " Caution: There is an error in the database structure. This occurs if the database file is changed by another program or if a device driver does not function properly. You must correct this error before you can continue. The error (1190 in module 19) may have been caused by the computer or a program. Table: G/L Entry Company: Key Fields: Entry No. Check the database. On the File menu, click Database, click Test, and then click Maximum. If you get the same error, you should: 1. Back up the database by copying the database file or files to another location. 2. Use the built-in functionality to make a backup. 3. If this works, create a new database without deleting the database that contains the error or errors. Restore the backup that you made with the built-in backup functionality into the new database. To test it, on the File menu, click Database, click Test, and then click Maximum. If this procedure does not work, then any database changes that were made after the most recent backup will be lost. Restore the most recent backup that was made with the built-in backup functionality and test it. For security reasons, you should save the old database until you have used the new one for a period of time. Contact your system administrator for assistance. "
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Be sure that you are only user in the Database
    2) Open the "File-Database-Information-Tables" form and select the G/L Entry table, run the test from there only for the selected table. In this way you can test only the table which is mentioned in the error.

As written in the error - there is problem and you need to solve it before you will use the database... if you are not able to correct it, you need to restore last working backup.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.