Navision's approval system

ALTHONALTHON Member Posts: 61
hi
I use the approval system Navision, and I set the approval of certain documents before a period j +1
when the document exceeds the j +1 the System does not authorize the approval of the document.
by cons I noticed that Navision takes into account not the system date of the remote server or is the basis but made the system date of the user's local machine.
So if a document exceeds the date j +1 any user can start the approval process by changing the date of his local machine sytem
Can someone explain to me this
thinks.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    In all versions of the classic client the code executes on the client machine. This is different with the Role Tailored Client for NAV 2009. I can't remember if approvals use TODAY (the date on the computer) or WORKDATE to do the comparisons, but there will always be a way around these things.

If you are not getting approvals because the date is too high, why not set the "j+1" date to something way off in the future, like 12/31/2050?
  • ALTHONALTHON Member Posts: 61
    the company requires that a document in navision dynamics must be approved by the approver concerned before j +1 ,if not, it will not be processed, so I should not give them(users) an Unlimite date.
    The problem is that even the work date may be changed by any user with or without superuser authorization.
    So whatever the system is based on the timing system of the local machine or on the date navision work the problem is the same.
    navision should normally based on the date of the server, like that ,no user can modify the work date or the date of system. the the company may know wich documents are not validated at time and why??
    The rule must be respected and I must set this process APPROVAL like this.
    so how can i do ??
  • RaniShouraRaniShoura Member Posts: 34
    We had restricted the date change in Windows Group Policy for all non administrators, people us the Clock in the bottom of the screen more like a calendar, and by mistake they change the date, you have to imagine the mess because of such a thing.

This is a SYSTEM date, don't let users play along with system
    Rani Shoura