Functional: Expenses

RaniShouraRaniShoura Member Posts: 34
Hello,

At the company I'm working for, we encounter general expenses "Marketing" that are spent on a specific customers, we are crediting cash debiting marketing expenses using vouchers, we want to have a link of the said expense with the said customer in order to have a report on those expenses per customer. Any functional advice?

Regards
Rani Shoura

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    You can define the customers as Dimensions , at the time of posting the expenses attach the dimensions.
  • RaniShouraRaniShoura Member Posts: 34
    ou can define the customers as Dimensions , at the time of posting the expenses attach the dimensions.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I believe that Maintaining the customer master along with the dimension is another headache, and again it is not a high potential topic, to use dimensions on it.

Regards
    Rani Shoura
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    I think except Dimensions , there is no way . Let us see what experts will share regarding this .
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    As per me too, the easiest and recommended way is what chengalasettyvsrao explained.
    If you dont want, I remember there are "Source Type" and "Source No." fields on the Gen.Journal Line. You may consider using them, but then you will need to develop a report for analysis & reporting.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Using a Dimension CUSTOMER with the customer No. as value does give you exactly what you want. Just add the default dimension to every customer (this can be coded) and have the users add it manually in Journals where necessary.
    Just give it a try.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • RaniShouraRaniShoura Member Posts: 34
    Ok if that the only solution, I might be considering a minor change on T81, T17 to add the link, I was thinking there should be a solution around that can do with any modification, using dimensions is not as good in my situation as it feels.
    Rani Shoura