Options

What do users have to be a "member of" in order to open RTC?

VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
edited 2011-01-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I am having trouble getting additional users to connect to the RTC. Two users (Administrator and the office manager) connect fine. But when I try to login as another user (meaning I user their PC to try to open the RTC or I try to sign onto the server using their name) the RTC will not open and says:

Invalid user ID/password.

I am wondering if this has something to do with the "Member of" settings for the users within the domain? Since the office manager is a member of the Administrator group but the other users are not. What do I need to make the other users a "Member of" in order for the RTC to connect?

I am using Network server account for the NAv Service Tier and the database is located on the same server as the NST. So 3 tiers on 2 PCs is my setup. Server PC: windows 2003 server. user PCs: Windows XP SP3.

Edit: user is already added to Clasic -> Windows Logins with SUPER role.
User has been added to SQL server as a Windows Login with Administrator Role and "mapped" to the database.

Am I missing anything else?

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    From classic client. click on tools->Security->Windows login and enter the users.

Then click on roles and assign them roles. for starters just assign them super role and once they are in, then set the roles based on what they are suppose to do.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
    ara3n wrote:
    From classic client. click on tools->Security->Windows login and enter the users.

Then click on roles and assign them roles. for starters just assign them super role and once they are in, then set the roles based on what they are suppose to do.

Yes this user is added with both SUPER and ALL roles. And synced. I'm really confused on this one - that is why I am wondering if it has to do with the Windows network security permissions.