PO qty Should open If the material rejected

hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
Hello All,

In Current NAV system, MS has not provided the functionality when the material rejected using return order against the PO , then PO qty Should open . Client is not in the situation to amend the Purchase order.

My client is insisting regarding this customization , Can someone throw light as how this can be achived.I want your ideas regarding this functionality .

Thanks in Advance .
hansika

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    The receipt can be undone if it is not invoiced. Once the order is invoiced, it is closed for reversal.

Ideally, the receipt is invoiced once the invoice is received from the vendor.
    As per the business too, the correct process is to post a return order, and then pass a credit memo, so that the inventory as well as the accounts are maintained correctly with a transaction audit trail.

Would appreciate if you elaborate why the client needs such a functionality.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Blanket Order provides this functionality. Non availability of the functionality in Sales/Purchase Order is due to Internal Control requirements. Somebody needs to authorize the re-purchase of good when they are returned again. The issue has been discussed several time on the forum. Use search to dig more.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    hansika wrote:
    Hello All,

In Current NAV system, MS has not provided the functionality when the material rejected using return order against the PO , then PO qty Should open . Client is not in the situation to amend the Purchase order.

My client is insisting regarding this customization , Can someone throw light as how this can be achived.I want your ideas regarding this functionality .

Thanks in Advance .

This is not a programming issue, it is a business process issue. Have a consultant review this with the clients auditors an come up with the correct procedure. There is no need to make any changes to Navision to fulfill this requirement.
    David Singleton
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Hi all,

It is a mandatory requirement to have in the implementation. I request you to please share your functional design concept.

Did anyone see/use such requirement ? [-o<

Thanks in Advance
    hansika
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    hansika wrote:
    Hi all,

It is a mandatory requirement to have in the implementation. I request you to please share your functional design concept.

Did anyone see/use such requirement ? [-o<

Thanks in Advance

This is not a programming issue, it is a business process issue. Have a consultant review this with the clients auditors an come up with the correct procedure. There is no need to make any changes to Navision to fulfill this requirement.
    David Singleton
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Hi,

Mr. David ,May be you are right . Client is insisting like any thing and says with out making changes in the system you can not fulfill the requirement .

Please thow some light on this . ](*,)

Thanks in Advance
    hansika
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    hansika wrote:
    Hi,

Mr. David ,May be you are right . Client is insisting like any thing and says with out making changes in the system you can not fulfill the requirement .

Please thow some light on this . ](*,)

Thanks in Advance

As already explained either use Blanket Order or client needs to update/recreate sales/purchase order for any returns/rejections. Customization will create problems and should not be done. You need to learn NAV and explain it to client and make them understand. No other light can be offered by us.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in