Item category wise approval on PO

nazunazu Member Posts: 70
Hi experts,

I want to do the approval process functionality on PO based on Item category wise & based on the amount.

Can someone throw light as how this can be achived.I want certain ideas for the same

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    The Amount based approval workflow is already there in the default system.

I have seen something of this kind in retail business, where different item categories are assigned to different category managers. In your case, you may consider creating category wise purchase orders, and then assigning different approvers to users related to different categories. You can use filters on the Purchase order, so that different category users can view their related categories only, if required.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    In your case, you may consider creating category wise purchase orders, and then assigning different approvers to users related to different categories.
    If this can be done then "Sales Pers./Purchaser" option of the approval templates can be used and assigned with different sales person and their approval hierarchy and you might not need
    You can use filters on the Purchase order, so that different category users can view their related categories only, if required.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in