Input Local Currency In every transaction

nTAo+nTAo+ Member Posts: 5
Dear all, i want to ask about currency and the effect of applying Local Currency in every transaction.

My client Local Currency is IDR. We know that in NAV, LCY is not to be inputted in every transaction and not to be inputted in the currency setup.

They insist on Input this currency (IDR) in every transaction, as well as the bank card, and other areas.
First, of course in Currency card we input the IDR, with the Exchange Amount of 1.0. VS the Blank(LCY) (so we get that LCY to IDR is 1:1).

I want to ask :

1. what's the effect with this method?
2. is the application of this method recommended?
3. the invoice is inconsistent now, some of the invoices is inputted IDR, and LCY(blank), if they keep doing this, what's the effect?
4. any other ideas?

thank you to anyone who answer,and please forgive my bad english... :oops:

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    You should convince your client about the default feature of keeping the currency code blank for local currency.
    Selecting IDR which is 1:1 to the blank currency code will not be a problem, until all the local currency transactions include the IDR currency Code.

If you client does not accept the blank currency feature, you must be looking to automatically update the currency code with that of the currency code defined in the G/L setup (IDR in your case) in every "blank" currency transaction, for example, journals, documents etc.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    The customer MUST comply to the "by design" features of NAV. (especially this one)

The question here is: "Why has the customer the urgent need to input the local currency?"
    I also wonder why someone wants to increase the work steps. :o
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • nTAo+nTAo+ Member Posts: 5
    @ Deep : yes i agrre with you, but they don't want to accept my explanation about the standard of NAV.

@rhpnt : they said that it's not logic why they can't input IDR, because the transaction is in IDR. and they set this without telling us, so the bank now have some problem when do payment to invoice with currency blank, but i already have a workaround. i already told them that this isn't standard.

thank you for all the reply, i really appreciate all of your help.

the next thing that bothers me, I ever heard that this method will have problem in the future about the rounding. anyone can give me some information?
    I could not foresee any rounding concerns when there is only one line in the currency exchange rates for "blank":IDR::1:1
    Still its always good to test and check it out.
    Regards,

Deep
    India