Lot No Description gets lost after Posting Receipt

knmknm Member Posts: 170
Hi,

I'm currently testing out NAV 2009 R2, and I have a quesion with regards to Lot Tracking Entries.

When receiving items into Warehouse, I manually assigned a lot number, and then assigned a Description in the "Item Tracking Lines" page.
Something like below.
Lot No. = Lot 1-1
Description = Lot Line 1 Part 1

And after posting the receiving, I tried to retrieve the "Description" that I entered in NAV, but I'm having trouble where to find it.

I couldn't find it on "Item Ledger" table, and "LOt No Information" table, does this mean that the "Description" that I entered doesn't get saved in the database after posting?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Kenji

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    I remember I did get it customized to retrieve it for reporting, that means it hasn't been changed.
    Kapil Khanna
  • knmknm Member Posts: 170
    So does this mean that "Description" in the "Item Tracking Lines" table doesn't get saved in any of the tables in NAV 2009 R2 once it gets posted?

Kenji
    I am sure about Item Ledger table but for "any table" I am not sure.
    Kapil Khanna
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    The description is stored in "Tracking Specification" table and can be retrieved from there for the order.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    Deep wrote:
    The description is stored in "Tracking Specification" table and can be retrieved from there for the order.
    Sure, I mean, have you ever retrieved data from this table after posting :shock: ?
    Kapil Khanna
    Never got such requirement till date. :)
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    Deep wrote:
    That means u just answered for sake of it ?
    Kapil Khanna
    Deep wrote:
    That means u just answered for sake of it ?

I believe that my answer is surely regarding the question which was asked, and was correct in terms of information.
    Requesting you not to clutter this place by posting comments unnecessarily, and let it have what is supposed to be here.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • knmknm Member Posts: 170
    OK, in "Tracking Specification" once the Transaction is posted the entries that were saved in "Tracking Specification" will get removed from the table, and will be lost forever. (doesn't get transferred to anywhere)

That being said, is this true that I have to create a customization so that the "Description" entered in "Tracking Specification" table be transferred to somewhere else?

Thank you.

Kenji
    X
    Kapil Khanna
    For sure you need to store the lot description, if the invoiced purchase order is also deleted.
    You can store the lot description in the Item Ledger, or purchase receipt line, as per your requirement.
    Regards,

Deep
    India