Any comment regarding NAV Norway and US localization

swjswj Member Posts: 68
Hi experts,

Have any comment/experience to share that is possible to merge NAV Norway and US Localization?
The concern is regarding Tax.
The issue is about budget to purchase one database to be used by office from 2 countries :(

Appreciate any input. Thank you.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    What are the tax issues?
    David Singleton
  • swjswj Member Posts: 68
    Hi David,

Thanks for replying.

As far I know, US and Norway have their own tax calculation.
    Norway with Proportional Tax and US with Sales Tax (Tax Juridictions per area).
    It would be good if someone can advise which version can apply into other if we have option only to purchase one version and will be used by 2 countries.
    And is it possible if we do object merging for both version? How tough is the task to do that?

Thank you so much.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Firstly the US version of Navision is probably always the best one to use. (Unless you can use W1, which is always the best). The US version is generally very stable and does no do silly stuff. It also has nice things like Kits and much better cash applications. It also handles all US sales tax and European VAT.

But this is all just background. before you can decide any of this, you need to sit with a US accountant that knows the GAAP requirements of your US offices and with your Norwegian accountants. These need to be in agreement of what your needs are, and then work with a Navision consultant that understands both versions. Once you have done that you can start to decide about merging functionality.

By the way, where are you based; in The US or in Norway?
    David Singleton
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The WW sales tax database is not much different than the US sales tax.

The tables are virtually the same. The only difference are some of the reports that you can easily port over.
  • swjswj Member Posts: 68
    Hi David/Alex,

Thanks for the advice. Yes, agreed that need to sit down with both side to understand better.
    I got Cronus US with me (but do not have Norway).
    From my point of view, the tax is different with W1 (we are using NAV 2009 W1), due to US has Sales Tax per-area juridiction.
    e.g Tax Area Code : MIAMI, FL
    It will generate 3 VAT Entries when posted. Which W1 does not have this feature.
    I am at Singapore at the moment :)

Thank you for the kind attention.