Options

Commerce Gateway with multiple internal companies

pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
edited 2011-01-24 in Navision e-Commerce
I'm currently considering Commerce Gateway and BizTalk as a solution for a new customer, however I have few questions.

The customer is having multiple Companies in NAV - can a single BizTalk server support that, or does it need a BizTalk server per Company?

Commerce Gateway seems to be a rather low priority of Microsoft, since almost nothing has happened to the module for a long time. Is it considered likely that is going to "expired" and removed in NAV7 og NAV8? (Just like Commerce Portal and Employee Portal etc were)
Regards
Peter

Comments

• Options
    bluesky29bluesky29 Member Posts: 29
    hi pdj,

you can use a single Biztalk-Server to serve all companies but you need one NAS ( Navision Application Server ) for each Company in Navision.

In the BizTalk-Solution you have to use filtering on incoming messages to route them to the correct company
    ( within the orchestration Receive Port you need to specify filters on incoming messages )
  • Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    Thanks. I am aware of the need for multiple NAS Services.

I don't like the very tight integration CG has to BTS, which I also guess is the reason BTS2010 isn't supported yet. I feared it made it impossible for having multiple companies integration to it.
    Regards
    Peter