EXPORT TO EXCEL - DELETE EMPTY ROWS

bharethbhareth Member Posts: 55
Hi ,

Can anyway advise me on how to delete empty rows (which exists between the rows which has data) after a report has been exported to excel . ](*,)

Thanks,
bhareth

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    do you mean exported through standard functionality after you've previewed an rdlc report?
    you can't, but you can make an "excel friendly" layout if the user wants to export a report to excel in a different way other than the one in the preview. then you have to manage the visibility of one of the two layouts, based (for example) on a boolean field in the request page.
    I did this serveral times and it works great with a minimum effort, because usually an "excel friendly" layout can easily be built through "create layout suggestion..."
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • bharethbhareth Member Posts: 55
    Hi belias ,

Sorry to inform .. i am working on Nav 2009 classic report .
    329 - vendor trail balance report .
    were i am in need to bring( Header, Group Header,Group Footer,Footer) of the report in one sheet and Body in another worksheet .

Thanks,
    bhareth.
  • bharethbhareth Member Posts: 55
    i got the result .i use integervalues row1 / row2 and do a increment counting of row1 at header/groupheader section and row2 at body section and updated excel buffer table .

Thanks,
    bhareth
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    If you're working with the Excel Buffer table it should be very easy to simply leave out the blank rows. There's no need to program any data removal from the Excel sheet after the fact, because you have complete control over what is inserted into the Excel Buffer table. What doesn't get inserted into Excel Buffer doesn't get moved into the sheet.
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,499
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]