Create total of same Item no.

LeshabelaLeshabela Member Posts: 35
Hi all,

i'm using tabel name = Inventory Valuation id =1001 and want to add a footer where totals of item no. of the same should be shown(added)
e.g
item no. 64
item no. 64
item no. 78
item no. 79

total item no. 64

thanx,
Learning Never End.

Comments

• eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    edited 2004-12-22
    Right...

Try to lookup the word "Group Footer", "Group Totals" or "Total Fields" in the development manual.

Good luck!
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    First question.......
    ID=1001, Inventory Valuation. Do you mean REPORT ??

If So, you must be BRAVE, this is no simple report !!!

For a new report you would do something like this:

In the Report DataItem for "ITEM", go to properties and specify the "TotalFields" as the field you want to add up. i.e. "Quantity"

Still in properties specify in the "GroupTotalFields" the field you want to group by. i.e. "no."

Then on the report, create a new section. This will be Item,GroupFooter. In the Group Footer put the "No." field and the "Quantity" field. this will give you something like:

Item No. AB123 Total Qty 46
    Item No. AB124 Total Qty 32

That should give you the direction and some idea of what to do. :D
    Remember: Keep it simple
  • eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    Click this link to download the Navision Bible!

(Please note that it probably is useless to sum Item Quantities. Values is another story.)
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • HexHex Member Posts: 6
    I need a report, showing Quantity Invoiced pr Inventory Posting Group and Gen. Bus. Posting Group from the Customer.

This report should show this grouped by Inventory Posting Group, and you should be able to filter on the Gen. Bus. Posting Group from the customer.

There should be a total for each Inventory Posting Group.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
  • emulsifiedemulsified Member Posts: 139
    Dean's explanation worked very well for me as I needed a report to show me Purchase Orders:

Document No., Vendor No., Order Date, Posted Date, Amount, Outstanding Amount

I used the "Purchase Lines" table and needed to group all lines that had the same Document No. and then create totals for Amount and Outstanding Amount.

Thanks, I'm glad someone else already asked about a task of this type because I needed this today and now my work is complete.

Thanks.
    Half-empy or half-full how do you view your database?

Thanks.