billing then accounting

ALTHONALTHON Member Posts: 61
hi,
in our society we have the accounting department and customer service billing
The first service is currently using Microsoft Dynamics Navision and the second should start using it must also prepare and print the invoice and send it to the client before proceeding to the accounting department for recorded so I do not know how to perform Such an operation on Dynamics Navision knowing that billing is done from the purchase order and accounts directly.
how to enable them to print the invoice without that it is recognized

Comments

• ALTHONALTHON Member Posts: 61
    the process is as follows:
    the billing office shall prepare an invoice from the purchase order, it must print the invoice and send it to the customer.
    Once the customer receives the invoice it sends the billing department of the company a receipt and then the billing department sends the invoice to accounting for accounting for the invoice
    * the question is how this process can be applied on Dynamics Navision??
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You're talking about a proforma invoice? There are a couple of ways to handle proforma invoices in NAV.

The way we typically handle it for the client is to generate a report that looks like an invoice that can be printed from the sales order. Then when the customer pays, post the order and apply the payment.

You can search on this forum on proforma invoices. There are multiple ways to handle this.
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    Normal companies move to their old system to NAV to save time on their daily work and to automatically do things that where done manually before.

Your old system did not create G/L Entries when billing, so you needed two departments to do the job. Now you're moving to NAV... use it's power! You don't have to work twice anymore!! The billing department can create G/L entries while posting the bill with no problems... use it!

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
    Sometimes proforma invoice is required for export to clear customs and duty. The goods may not be shipped when the paper work is sent.
    I know that proforma must be required in some cases, I used it a few times. But that doesn't seem to be kawtarmiss case. At least that's not what I underestood. Maybe he should clarify this point.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
    Yes I know that Navision is very powerful and that it reduces the time,but I'm not talking about the proforma invoice, I mean the sales invoices after sending the purchase order per customer.
    the sales process within the company requires to prepare a bill for each delivery based on the order of customers.
    I noticed in Navision, that you can bill on delivery from the sale order by clicking billing (see picture), this operation automatically generate accounting entries (but we can not print the invoice until it is registered). but is not what they want.
    Assuming that a single service that does both billing and accounting operations here is the screenplay which is required within the company:
    1.Our company received an order from a customer for 3 different items (A1, A2, A3)
    2.the company deliver only item A1 to the customer, the customer must pay for the reception of this item.
    3. the company prepare an invoice, print and send it to the customer (this should not generate accounting entries).
    4.The customer receives the invoice and send an acknowledgment to our company.
    5.in this stage that the operation of accounting should be performed.
    the question is:
    how I can prepare and print an invoice at the step 3?
    Thinks
    kawtarmiss wrote:
    3. the company prepare an invoice, print and send it to the customer (this should not generate accounting entries).

Why not?

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Another question: All Invoices sended to customers are finally posted as they where printed with zero modifications?

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Since you are sending the item to customer, you can generate a report which looks like an invoice from the sales shipment. You can even use the sales order itself to print an invoice. The solution of Alex surely works.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    Deep wrote:
    Since you are sending the item to customer, you can generate a report which looks like an invoice from the sales shipment. You can even use the sales order itself to print an invoice. The solution of Alex surely works.

I agree. It can be done and it works. But it is not an invoice. I don't know about your laws, but at least in spain, if it's not an Invoice it has to say Proforma somewhere, and then you have to send the real invoice to the customer.
    The real invoice may be different from the Proforma one if the customer doesn't agree and some negotiation is done in between.

That means that you have to send the document twice, which is ok if your bussiness requieres it. That doesn't seem to be kawtarmiss case.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    kitik wrote:
    Another question: All Invoices sended to customers are finally posted as they where printed with zero modifications?
    no, there may be modifications in the invoice, so that's why we must not make an accounting(post) of the invoice until the customer has agreed .
    if we post invoice and accounts at the same time , then send invoice to the customer,i think This will cause several reversals of posted invoices.
    i dont know if you undertand me!!
    thinks
    kawtarmiss wrote:
    i think This will cause several reversals of posted invoices
    Yes, It will.

If you make changes of a high percentage of documents then go for printing a proforma.
    If you make changes of a low percentage of documents then just post the invoice with its G/L entries and credit the wrong ones.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    kawtarmiss wrote:
    Yes I know that Navision is very powerful and that it reduces the time,but I'm not talking about the proforma invoice, I mean the sales invoices after sending the purchase order per customer.
    the sales process within the company requires to prepare a bill for each delivery based on the order of customers.
    I noticed in Navision, that you can bill on delivery from the sale order by clicking billing (see picture), this operation automatically generate accounting entries (but we can not print the invoice until it is registered). but is not what they want.
    Assuming that a single service that does both billing and accounting operations here is the screenplay which is required within the company:
    1.Our company received an order from a customer for 3 different items (A1, A2, A3)
    2.the company deliver only item A1 to the customer, the customer must pay for the reception of this item.
    4.The customer receives the invoice and send an acknowledgment to our company.
    5.in this stage that the operation of accounting should be performed.
    the question is:
    how I can prepare and print an invoice at the step 3?
    Thinks

The answer to your question is: not out of the box.

The last time I saw a system with that process, it was a system built in the 1980s. The reason the 80's system was programmed like that is because there are problems with G/L amounts matching the invoice. So an accounting person needed to verify every entry before it hitting the G/L.

The standard NAV follows the best business practice for shipping and billing. If you decide to alter this process and proforma invoice is not acceptable, it will require a major modification. Not to mention that it'll be a (couple) of steps backwards for the company you're trying to implement this process for.