Options

Problem using OCX on RTC client

ddanicaddanica Member Posts: 10
edited 2011-01-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi!
I'm doing an upgrade from Nav 5 to Nav2009 R2 and I have the following problem:
In some objects I use methods from an OCX developed by one of my colleagues. On classic client work fine, but when I try to use it on RTC client, I receive the following error:

"This message is for C/AL programmers: The call to member [...] failed: Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))."
naverror.jpg

I receive this error for any method that I call. The OCX is created in Visual C++. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the OCX or in what way must be created to work?
I use windows 7 with all updates.
Thank You!

Comments

• Options
    EgnazEgnaz Member Posts: 111
    Maybe your call of the automation has missing parameters. In Nav2009 there are 2 more paramaters for the CREATE function.

Create(someAutomationVariable,True/False(New Server),True/False (Run on Client));

Example:
    CLEAR(WshShell);
    IF ISCLEAR(WshShell) THEN
    CREATE(WshShell,FALSE,ISSERVICETIER);

Have you checked this?

Regards,
    egnaz
  • Options
    Thank you Egnaz, but CREATE is used only for automation data type. This is an OCX and I use OCX data type.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    what does the OCX do? Also OCX only instantiate at the client and not on the server.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Yes, I need to run it on client, not on server. In this OCX I have many methods. For example, I have a method that make browse and select a folder (because in CU 412 is a function that make's browse just for a file) , I have a method that read all files form a folder, etc. All this methods work fine on classic client, the error appear just for RTC client and I have this error for all methods.
  • Options
    EgnazEgnaz Member Posts: 111
    You'll get this error because the RTC is processing such things on the service tier maschine. That's the reason why automations have the new parameters.

In the moment I don't know a workaround for your OCX problem. Maybe you have to redesign it to work with DotNet DataType.

Regards,
    egnaz