Consolidation problems

trifftriff Member Posts: 23
edited 2001-05-09 in Navision Financials
Has anybody else had problems with consolidation in multiple currencies. We have had Text to Text overflow errors when navision forms the description in the consolidation company. This may be the number of decimal places our client uses but it should not happen. We restrict the output to 4 significant digits when forming the description field.

When the balance of an account in the consolidation company is revalued from month to month the equation navision uses is wrong and gives stupid values.

Has anybody else had similar problems with consolidation. We have fixed the problems but it is not good that our client finds such problems with standard navision as these.

Comments

• NNNN Member Posts: 2
    The overflow issue is a Navision flaw in many automatic functions /Currency revaluation for example/, not only in consolidation functionality. I have always checked periodical activities batches so to be sure that something doesnt goes wrong. I just couldnt figure out till now /and honestly havent think too much on this issue/ some standart solution of this problem except of manualy shortening the string and rounding precision in the code.

But could you give me more information on the Consolidation issue and some code excerpt? Thanks a lot in advance.

best regards,
    Niki
    NN