E-ship email notification to Bill To

ProfessordreadnaughtProfessordreadnaught Member Posts: 4
The default for email notifications using E-Ship is to the "Sell to" customer and not to the more logical "Bill to". Does anyone know how to change this? I need to get the automatic invoice email to go to the right people.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    For this Sell-to customer - go to Customer-Email List.
    There you can enter as many email address as you like.
    Each address you can choose a number of different emails they can receive..
    ie/ Sales Invoice, Sales Quote, Customer Statement, Issued Reminder, Sales Credit, etc etc.
    Enter the email address for where you want the email to go.
    In the column Sales Invoice E-Mail select "To"

Form 14000908
  • Its more than one "Sell to" customer. Something like 90. An additional problem is, the "Sell to" customer also buys products from me on other sales orders where they are also the "Bill to". When buying Product A, the "Sell to" customer is NOT the "Bill to" and the emails need to go to the "Bill to". When buying Product B, the "Sell to" and the "Bill to" are the same person and the email should STILL go to the "Bill to". It's just poorly thought out, the way it is setup by default. An invoice should be sent to the "Bill to." I presumed I wasn't the first to notice and was hoping someone had knowledge of a fix. I'm sorry if I come off as flip, but I'm annoyed at what is such an obvious flaw.
    I understand your frustration but I guess the makers created it in a way that works for the majority of companies most the time with ease. The work around looks like adding the bill to email address in the sell to email address card and assigning it properly. It look like it's one of those "you can't please everyone" scenarios.

I'll look at the code on Monday in the office. You can turn on code coverage to see where the selection of email addresses is being made
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• I know the codeunit that selects the sell-to address over the bill-to address, (14000904 E-Mail Get Field Value) but I'm not savvy enough to make the correct change.
    It's very complicated - so many intermingled Codeunits & reports.

But when I look at 14000903 E-Mail Management and change it to Bill-To - The Email List form pops up for the Bill-To Customer now. This is for manual sending and you are using automatic. You will need to follow the code down to see what it does for automatic. I believe for auto it just calls Report 14000901 - Sales E-Mail Which get's it's To: from EmailListEntry var. It gets complicated because If you want it to 100% as you want - youl'' have to mess with alot of tables, CU's, forms & report.
    SendSalesConfirmation(SalesHeader : Record "Sales Header";ManualSending : Boolean)
    GetEMailSetup;
    IF ManualSending THEN BEGIN
      CASE SalesHeader."Document Type" OF
        SalesHeader."Document Type"::Order:
          IF NOT TestShowManualSending(
                   0,SalesHeader."Bill-to Customer No.",SalesHeader."Ship-to Code", <<<<Changed to Bill-To
                   EMailListEntry.FIELDNO("Sales Order Conf. E-Mail"))

If you really really want to mess with it. - Make sure your on a test machine & test database, not live!
    Else get a qualified developer to make the changes.