Restored in local (native) base and forgot to add superuser!

jensthomsenjensthomsen Member Posts: 173
Hi. A few days ago, I restored a database (from a SQL server database) into a local native base. I created a single user, but (silly-silly-silly me!!!!!) I forgot to assign superuser rights to the user!! Today I can't acces the database! I would REALLY like to open the database (I did a lot of programming in it), but are there any ways to do this?
When trying to open the base, I get the error "you don't have the rights to the table objects...", so the user is there but with no rights:-(

HEEEEEEEEEELP!

Comments

• jensthomsenjensthomsen Member Posts: 173
    I have a list of windows-logon with superuser rights for the database. Could I use one of these in some ways???
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Have you tried - creating a new database - Create a superuser - then restore again?
    Savatage wrote:
    Have you tried - creating a new database - Create a superuser - then restore again?

Thats not the problem:-) The original backup is ok. But I want to open the database again which I have restored.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I didn't say anything about creating a new backup.

Are you saying you restored a backup - made changes & now forgot the password?
    Or is it a restored backup you never got into?
    To summarize what I did a few days ago:
    1. I Created a backup from a SQL base (Nav2009)
    2. I restored the backup in a local database ("NewLocal")
    3. I created a user in the "NewLocal" database, but forgot to assig SUPER user rights to the user
    4. I did a lot of programming in "NewLocal" database.

Instead of doing step 4 again, I would like to open "NewLocal"...But the problem is, that I'm locked out, unless there is some way of using the windows-logon (which have the super user rights)...or some other ways.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can use the WIndows user if you know the login and password. It is not problem to run the client under different user account. Just hold the Shift and right click on the shortcut. Select "Run as different user..." and you are done. But again, you need to know the password of the selected user...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Howe manu user do you have in the database? Or in other words: is it a problem to delete you users from the dbo.User and dbo.Windows Login tables (using the SQL Server Management Studio)?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • vijay_missvijay_miss Member Posts: 10
    If you have a user in Local Database from which you are not able to perform Administrators activity try to take backup from that user and then make a new database restore the new backup immediately create a new ID with Administrator right or assign Administrator rights to existing ID.

It should work.