square foot unit of measure question

cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
NAV 2009 SP1

Have a client that deals in ceramic tile. 95 % of their inventory is sold by the piece, so for these items the base unit of measure is PC. Now they do have 'bundles' of tile (one bundle contains 6 pieces of tile of different sizes) and this is sold by square feet. One bundle = 50 square feet. The unit cost of the bundle $50. They sell for $100.

So when they sell to the customer, the customer says they need 100 square ft. so they will sell them 2 bundles.

Since they sell this by square feet, what do i put in the quantity field for the BUOM, assuming the BUOM is square feet ? I have to put 1, but the bundle is 50 sq ft.

Maybe I am reading too much into this. Any ideas ?

Comments

• crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    cveale wrote:
    what do i put in the quantity field for the BUOM, assuming the BUOM is square feet ? I have to put 1, but the bundle is 50 sq ft.

Whatever you choose as BUOM, the Base Unit Of Measure always has 1 as quantity per unit of measure.
    Then you can create a Bundle Unit of Measure, which will have 50 as Quantity per Unit of Measure
  • cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
    I know the BUOM has a quantity of 1.

If i put SqFt as the BUOM with a quantity of 1, does that mean 1 sqaure foot ? I need it to be 50 square feet, not one.

Am i making sense ?
  • crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    No, you don't have to put 50. a SF is a SF. You may sell it in Boundles of 50, ok, but this is another unit of measure. It's on the bundle where you'll put 50.

Or... you could do it the other way around. Have Boundle as the BUOM, and SF as UOM (with qty 1/50).