Options

QAS in the RTC

Sam_MorrisSam_Morris Member Posts: 32
edited 2011-01-13 in NAV Three Tier
Has anyone managed to get QAS (quick address) integration working with the Role Tailored Client?

I am currently upgrading an implementation from version 4 to 2009sp1. In the 2009 Classic Client QAS works fine, as it did in the previous version. However, when I run the same procedure call in the RTC it returns QAS error -3406

The QAS manual contains the following reference for this error:

–3406 qaerr_UIAPIALREADYSTARTED Multiple calls to UIStartup.

As far as I can tell QAS is only being called once. The same code is being used for the Classic Client and the RTC. This is the code I'm using:
IF ISCLEAR(lautQasUapi) THEN
  CREATE(lautQasUapi);
r_intResult := lautQasUapi.Startup('Pro UI API Test Harness','', '', '', '', 0);
IF r_intResult = 0 THEN BEGIN 
When this is run from the RTC, the r_intResult is returned with error code -3406.

The version of QAS being used is 5. At the moment I am working in a test environment so all three NAV tiers and QAS are on the same machine.

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue might be, or had any success implementing QAS in the RTC?

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Wat is QAS?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    It's an address lookup application that you can integrate to NAV using an Automation. You send it a post code or zip code and launches an app that give you a list of possible addresses. One of these can be selected and sent back to NAV to fill in address details. This is the web address with product description:

http://www.qas.co.uk/products/capture-name-and-address-data/pro.htm

Thanks.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Ok, thanks for this info.

Do not forget that the automation is created on the service tier, not on the client by default. If you want to open the UI on the client, you need to use the new third parameter of CREATE function under service tier.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks Kine! It's working now. It's easy when you know how!

In case anyone else has the same problem, this is how I changed my code to get it to work:
    IF ISCLEAR(lautQasUapi) THEN
      CREATE(lautQasUapi,FALSE,TRUE);
    r_intResult := lautQasUapi.Startup('Pro UI API Test Harness','', '', '', '', 0);