Options

Problem with base NAV 2009 cues (not rendering properly)

blusky75blusky75 Member Posts: 22
edited 2011-01-13 in NAV Three Tier
We have one workstation loaded with the base 2009 RTC and the cues in his role center do not appear to be rendering properly (I should be seeing the typical "stack" image for each cue in the role center). Instead a white box appears where the cues should be appearing. Almost looks like a visual UI artifact.

This problem only recently appeared. Last month the user's RTC was working okay and didn't exhibit this.

All other aspects of the RTC UI however appear to be okay and functional.

All cues on this workstation appear like this, regardless of which role center the user is in. Even when connecting to a different service tier, the cues do not appear (again, just a white box). Other workstations do not exhibit this behaviour.

to correct this,I've tried the following:
Uninstalled/reinstalled the RTC. No change.
Installed/reinstalled .NET 3.5 windows component. No change.
Disabled Aero (the workstation is windows 7 64 bit). No change.

Has anyone seen this weird behaviour before?

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Is it doing same for same user on diff. machine, another user on same machine... you were just talking about the diff. machine, but I do not know if with same user or different user...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    blusky75blusky75 Member Posts: 22
    kine wrote:
    Is it doing same for same user on diff. machine, another user on same machine... you were just talking about the diff. machine, but I do not know if with same user or different user...

The issue is only on that one user's machine. RTC cues don't render properly regardless of which servicetier he connects to (the same tiers do not exhibit the same behaviour on my workstation's RTC) so it looks like it's some kind of rendering bug affecting this one user's RTC.

Yesterday I uninstalled all traces of NAV 2009 from his workstation and installed both NAV2009R2 service tier + RTC on his workstation. The cues are rendering fine now. Whatever it was, it was only affecting this one user's base NAV 2009 RTC install.