Run same report from two buttons with different options

shogan@mila.ieshogan@mila.ie Member Posts: 113
Hi all,

We have a report that I'd like to run from two different buttons. Currently the report has an Option (tab) that is a Boolean field that defaults to FALSE every time the report is open.

I'd like the first button to run the report with this Boolean option set to FALSE, and make the field display but uneditable on the Option tab.

The second button this time sets the boolean option to TRUE, but again, make the field display but uneditable on the Option tab.

Basically, I am unsure how to pass a variable from two different buttons to a single report.

Would this be another Report, or a CodeUnit?

(The idea behind the boolean is to select one of two printers for the report to print on).

Regards,
shogan

Comments

• Ian_BachusIan_Bachus Member Posts: 21
    Hi,

This isn't too difficult.

What you need to do is to create a new "function" inside the report you are calling. The new "function" will accept some paramaters that will change your boolean parameters or other settings when it's called.

So behind your button(s) you would create a varaible of the type report (we'll call it MyReport) and you'll call the function that will set the parameters DIFFERENTLY by each button.

So for example here is what button 1 might look like:
       MyReport.CustomFunction(1,2,FALSE);
       MyReport.RUN;

Button 2 might look like this:
       MyReport.CustomFunction(1,2,TRUE);
       MyReport.RUN;

Notice I passed a FALSE the first time and a TRUE the second time. Your report will set the local variables accordingly.

I hope this helps!
  • shogan@mila.ieshogan@mila.ie Member Posts: 113
    Thanks Ian.