Planning query

navdemonnavdemon Member Posts: 16
Hi ,

I have a question regarding the planning functionality.
I created an absence for a work center using the registered absence facility.

This absence is even reflected in the shop calendar for that work center.

But for some reason , when i run planning and carry out the suggested action messages, the work center load reflects that
the firm planned order will run during the time period during which the absence was registered earlier as well.
Why does this happen?

Ideally nothing should be allocated to that time slot of the work center when the work center is down right?

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    It's not enough to register absence you also have to implement the absence otherwise it has no effect.
    I do remember implementing the absence. I will still go ahead and try it again. But is there anything else I need to do after that so that production orders do not get planned during that absence.
    No it should be enough. If you look in the load for the machine you should'nt get any load if you dont have data in the capacity field.
    NAV won't reschedule the order automaticaly. You need to reschedule the affected prod.orders yourself. Some of them might already have ledgers so then you change manually in the routing. If no ledgers exist then you can refresh it and it will be rescheduled.