Options

NAV 2009 R2 Setup

hastech12hastech12 Member Posts: 4
edited 2011-01-12 in NAV Three Tier
Guys,
We are setting up a new dev environment where we are testing all features and functionality of R2. We are able to get the Classic client up and running without a problem, but just cant get the RTC working. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

When we try and run the RTC on the DEV server, it is unable to make a connection to the SQL instance. See attached screen dump.

Also when i check the services console teh services that were created at the time of the install wont start up. See attached screen dump.

Has anybody run into this issue before and if so how do i fix it. Your help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    phreezephreeze Member Posts: 12
    it appears to be that the NAV application service is unable to connect to DB.
    pls check the configuration of the NAV application service settings in the config file (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service\customsettings.config).
    if you have the DB on a SQL Server 2005/2008, pls remember to specify the SQL instance name as well in the config file.....this is assuming DB and Application tiers on the same machine.
  • Options
    I checked the customconfig file and it has the nav development server and the appropriate DB name listed.

Yes you are correct in assuming that the DB and app servers are on the same machine...

I also get the following error when i try and run the RTC on the Dev Server. How do you change the static tcp port settings for RTC?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You are mixing up two things: Application server and NAV Service Tier (NAV Server)! You have installed NAS, which is for classic technology, if you want to use RTC, you need to install NAV Server instead... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    At the time of installation i installed the following items:-

RTC
    Server
    SQL Server Option
    Classic Client
    Application Server
    DB Server
    ODBC
    Software Dev Kit
    Outlook Addin
    Docs

So i believe that i have infact installed the Server. Am i incorrect??????
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, but you installed things you do not need like DB server and ODBC. Than you are talking about starting RTC and that you cannot connect, but you are showing the screenshots of restarting the application server, which is not in any way connected to the problem with RTC. Thus you need to make clear what and with which service you are doing. If you change config of the NAV server tier (the .config file), you need to restart correct service. And this is your problem. Forget the application server now, you do not need it and it would not start if you do not configure it correctly. You need to focus on the NAV Server and RTC now.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.