Options

Related to Forms Transformation in Pages-TIF editor

nazunazu Member Posts: 70
edited 2011-01-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,

In RTC,we convert forms into pages.We normally export form & save it in Transformation folder as forms.xml,then run the transformation tool & import page back.& compile the same.

I want to know about the TIF editor used to do the same thing.If the above steps serves the purpose why do we hae the TIF editor objects from where we run the Transformation forms & follow thw rest of the process.What is the specific use of TIF editor objects in page conversion

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    as per my knowledge...In TIF objects we will specify the form type and page type to which it should transform.
    And we will export and save in 5 types of xml files like Transformation.xml, IgnorePages.xml etc.which will tell Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Tools.FormTransformation.exe to transoform.
    similarly actions,controls ...
  • Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Well, using the transformation tool you already are using the standard output (provided by MS) of the TIF Tool; i.e. standard TIFs (Transformation Input Files), being the xml files mohana_cse06 is refering to.
    Usage of the TIF Tool itself allows you to edit those TIFs yourself and, for example, add

* promoted commands
    * link factboxes
    * set-up your role center

So that after running the Transformation Tool (TT) your pages have that 'information'.
    But you can also add all that to pages after they have been created by the TT. However, rerunning the TT you will lose that information on your pages.
    So if you need to recreate the pages various times I advise you to update the TIFs so that you have the information 'stored'.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    To add new actions & factboxes. To remove actions and other controls. To change Object ID & Captions. To do promoting of actions & add shortcuts ...

The TIF editor is where you should start the transoformation process, export TransformationInput, to have all that information i mentioned above available to the Transformation-Tool. I perosnaly am using the One-Click-Transformation method mentioned here at mibuso! It's a lot easier then exporting all the stuff by your self.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!