Prevent duplicate vendor creation

write2souravwrite2sourav Member Posts: 113
Hi,
We have an interface (vendor request form) in which we provide some information about the vendor. After a button push the data is moved to the vendor table and a new vendor is created. (Direct insert is blocked in vendor master).
The problem is it so happens the same vendor is requested twice to be created and unfortunately gets created. How/What is the best way to check whether the requested vendor already exists in the vendor master.

I am using the India localization of the product in Version 2009.
Plz advice.

Answers

• AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    If the Vendor No. is using the No. Series (then should be unique), then you must check it (FIND/FILTER) on the Vendor Name, MANUALLY.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    I have implemented the same functionaltity to one of our client .

When ever user creating the new venor Name system will compare to the Existing vendor name , i.e. validated at the time of entering.

However, the system doesn't stop the user from entering, , but it will show the vendor list who has common name.
  • write2souravwrite2sourav Member Posts: 113
    Hi,
    But will name be a good candidate for checking. Because i can enter the same name more than once. What i want that at the time of creating the vendor, system will automatically check whether the party exists or not and give a message accordingly.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    User Training is the best solution in these cases. Automatic system checking will be limited because of different combinations. To quote :

A.B.C. (I) Ltd.
    ABC (I) Ltd.
    ABC India Limited and so on.

I tried once to check for duplicate on TIN No., PAN No. and phone number and it provided us good success in stoping duplicate vendor creation.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • write2souravwrite2sourav Member Posts: 113
    Hi Mr Singla,
    I think searching on TIN/PAN/Phone No. will be the best option as u suggested. Even i was thinking of something like this.

Thanks for the advice.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    You are welcome.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in