production order delay

navdemonnavdemon Member Posts: 16
I have a question regarding released production orders

If a production order is released and is in the middle of production. For some reason the production line experiences a downtime
(due to a part failure). How can the production order be updated to reflect the actual end time.

For example if the routing for an item is set up in such a way that that the desired quantity takes 2 days. The line experiences a downtime because of which the production order takes 4 days. How can I update the production order to reflect this delay?

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    You use the Reg. Abs. (from Work Center / machine centre) batch job to register downtime at a work center / Machine center. Then refresh the production order .
  • SumitSumit Member Posts: 58
    ... and if there is a ledger entry already exists for the Order,
    system will restrict refresh, to reflect revised end time.
    you can use 'Stop Code' & 'Stop Time' in output journal to capture the downtime data.
    My friend is "Search the Forum"
  • navdemonnavdemon Member Posts: 16
    Hi, Thank you for the suggestion

Now i did try creating an absence. But on running the planning functionality. The system schedules a production order to run in that time slot where an absence was registered. Is there any other set up that has to be done to prevent an order from being scheduled in that time slot when an absence has been registered.
  • SumitSumit Member Posts: 58
    Pl.
    1. Reg. Abs (m/c or w/c)
    2. check at Registered Absence
    3. Implement Redg Abs
    4. Recalculate calendar to update Capacity (effective).

Cheers..
    My friend is "Search the Forum"