How to upload License

kish2007kish2007 Member Posts: 64
Hi,
i am using sql sever database with NAV2009. My earlier developer license is expired. Now i got new license file. But when i opened NAV classic with sql server(finsql) database i am getting the "Your program license has expired" error. I am unable to upload new license. How can i upload the license in this case?

Thanks & Regards,
Kishore...

Answers

• ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hi Kishore
    Try this:
    Open Client
    Change to your new license
    Connect to Database and Login with Client
    Upload new license

Hope this helps
    Thomas
  • kish2007kish2007 Member Posts: 64
    Thanks Thomas. Classic client is not a problem. But in Classic client upload button is not visible.

Regards,
    Kishore.
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    1) When you open Classic Client, and if your database is not opened, then upload button will be in disabled mode. At this juncture import the license. you will get a confirmation that the license has been imported.

2) Now, Close & open the Classic Client, you can see the new license(Database is not opened here).

3) Open the database now, go to license information, you can see the upload option enabled. Click on the upload select the new license. You will get a confirmation mesg. Like it has been updated successfully.

Ensure that you are doing from super user account.

4) Re-open the application from all the clients.
    IMPORT is used for Native Database server.
    UPLOAD is used for SQL databse.

Classic client (FIN) is opened without any problem. But when i run FINSQL then NAV application is opened. After that i gave server name, user id and password and i selected database name. When i click OK then i am getting license error. Because it is sql server DB.
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Just to be sure: You don't use fin.exe, do you?
    Fin.exe is for native db option only, finsql.exe is for sql server option only.
    Thomas
    Yes Thomas, I am using FINSQL.EXE only.
  • raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    After opening Classic client before entering user name and password, click change in the license option, select the new license

And then try opening the DB, it should open now

Better to use developer license while doing change and then use client license at the time of upload
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
    Thanks a lot Raveendran. now it is opened... \:D/
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    kish2007 wrote:
    IMPORT is used for Native Database server.
    UPLOAD is used for SQL databse.

Classic client (FIN) is opened without any problem. But when i run FINSQL then NAV application is opened. After that i gave server name, user id and password and i selected database name. When i click OK then i am getting license error. Because it is sql server DB.

IMPORT is not used for Native Database Server! This is big mistake to think about it in this way.

Import is just for importing the license to the client folder, where it is used when starting the client. It have nothing with the server. It is only for single-user database. I recommend to not use it until really needed. The license file could be read by anyone who have access to the PC. If you want to change license on Native Server, you need to place it as fin.flf into the server folder. I just want to make this clear...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thanks a lot Kine. Now i understood.